Oven Roasted Turkey Legs.
I know there’s a few of you out there that can’t travel home during the holidays for Thanksgiving. Whether it’s from work, school, or just the fact that there’s not much family close by to make you want to celebrate. But, you might still be in the mood to enjoy a traditional type of holiday meal. Well, I’ve got a fantastic solution!
Make sure to pair this up with a delicious fatty side dish. Or, enjoy a fantastic dessert with your meal that’s packed full of fats. While turkey legs do contain fat, it’s not enough to make up for the amount of protein in the legs.
1.2 medium Turkey Legs (each leg ~1 lbs. without bone).
2. 2 tablespoon Duck Fat.
3. 2 teaspoons Salt.
4. ½ teaspoon Pepper.
5. ¼ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper.
6. ½ teaspoon Onion Powder.
7. ½ teaspoon Garlic Powder.
8. ½ teaspoon Dried Thyme.
9. ½ teaspoon Ancho Chili Powder.
10. 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke.
11. 1 teaspoon Worcestershire.
1. Mix together all dry spices in a small bowl. Then, add wet ingredients and mix together into a rub.
2. Pat turkey legs completely dry with paper towels. Then, rub turkey legs well with seasoning.
3. Pre-heat oven to 350F. Bring 2 tbsp. of fat to medium-high heat in a cast iron skillet. Once the oil starts to smoke, add turkey legs into the pan and sear on each side for 1-2 minutes. You want the entire leg to have a sear on it.
4. Place in the oven at 350F for 50-60 minutes or until cooked through.
5. Remove turkey from the oven and let rest for a few minutes.
6. Serve with your favorite fatty side dish and enjoy the holiday meal! I served mine up with a slight variation on this Vegetable Medley – with plenty of duck fat and butter to be soaked up.
This makes 4 total servings of Oven Roasted Turkey Legs. Each serving comes out to be 382 Calories, 22.5g Fats, 0.8g Net Carbs, and 44g Protein.
Subscribe our channel :
Watch this :
Keyword : keto, recipes, Low Carb Breakfast, Low Carb Breakfast Ideas, Low Carb Breakfasts, Keto Breakfast, Ketogenic Breakfast, Low Carb Breakfast Recipes, Low Carb Breakfast Meal Prep, Low Carb Diet, Low Carb Foods, Low Carb Breakfast Foods, Keto Breakfast Recipes, Keto Breakfast Ideas, Yummy Inspirations, Ketogenic Diet Breakfast, Ketogenic Diet, keto diet recipes, keto recipe, healthylife
Oven Roasted Turkey Legs