Low Carb & High Fat / Keto One Pan Italian Sausage
This meal is super easy to make and will leave you with barely any washing up! It’s saucy and rich in flavour. It is a perfect fatty dinner for anyone. THIS RECIPE CALLS FOR A LARGE PAN WITH A LID.
| The Recipe |
– 8 standard Sausages (or 12 Chipolatas)
– 230g (4 oz) Mushrooms
– 1 batch of Marinara Sauce
– 50g (1/2 cup) Parmesan Cheese
– 56g (1/2 cup) Mozzarella, grated
– 1/2 tsp Salt
– 1/2 tsp Pepper
– 1 tbsp Butter
1. Make the marinara sauce in preparation for this meal. (
2. Pre heat a large pan over a medium heat. Once heated, add your sausages and cook until almost fully browned. Whilst they’re cooking, slice your mushrooms.
3. When the sausages are almost done, take them out of the pan. Put butter in your pan and add your mushrooms for them to brown up a bit.
4. Cut your sausages into small bites and then add them back to the pan with mushrooms. Season your sausage/mushroom mix with salt and pepper (and any other herbs you’d like to add!)
5. Now pour in your marinara and parmesan cheese. Stir to combine everything.
6. Place a lid on your pan and let it simmer on a low heat for 15 minutes.
7. Add your mozzarella cheese, mix and serve!
Please note, all macros are calculated with My Fitness Pal and may vary on ingredients used. These do include the homemade marinara sauce.
Net Carbs: 4g
| The Keto Kitchen |
Zazie Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License