WHAT IS BRAISING? Braising is a cooking technique through which you first sear the meals with a HOT pan, then slowly prepare dinner it for a protracted time frame in a liquid with a lid to lure within the warmth. Powerful cuts of meat that require lengthy cooking occasions to achieve a young, nice texture identical to these ribs did…SO GOOD
On this keto recipe, we take the leftover braising liquid and make a RICH deeply textured and flavorful sauce by lowering it down. This sauce is luxuriously dripped onto the quick ribs which sit completely on a mattress of house-made picked cauliflower florets. This recipe is high greenback child. Get pleasure from!
Braised Quick Rib Recipe:
1 lb – Beef Quick Ribs
1 head – Natural Garlic
5-10 – Brussel sprouts (halved)
2-Three cups – Inventory or broth (beef, rooster, or veg)
1) Begin a greased dutch oven or tall saucepan on excessive warmth to sear the ribs. Sear alone within the pan till all sides has a golden colour.
2) Organize the ribs bone facet up on high of the brussel sprouts and head of garlic (reduce in half, pores and skin on).
3) Nonetheless, on the excessive warmth, fill the pan with inventory. Fill 3/Four as much as the highest of the ribs leaving simply the bone protruding.
4) Place a tight-fitting lid on the pot and place within the oven 275F for two hours (tender however nonetheless cuttable with a knife) or 275F for Four hours (shreddable with a fork)
Leftover cooking liquid
1) After the ribs are performed, relaxation them on a plate or board. Dump the contents right into a advantageous strainer over a medium saucepan.
2) Place ribs again into the pot, shut with the lid and preserve within the cooling oven to remain heat.
4) Utilizing a rubber spatula press the sprouts and garlic via the strainer as greatest as doable. Discard the remaining. Scrape the underside of the strainer into the pot as properly.
5) Place on very excessive warmth uncovered and prepare dinner down till solely a half inch to 1 / 4 inch stays within the pan.
6) Style the sauce, add butter for smoothness. If the sauce is just too thick add water.
half head Cauliflower (florets)
half cup White vinegar
1 tbsp Salt
1 tbsp Pepper
1 tbsp Garlic powder
1 tbsp Chili flakes
1) Add vinegar and all dry components to a small saucepan and warmth till simmering.
2) Add the cauliflower florets and stir.
3) Take off warmth, preserve stirring to make sure all florets get soaked within the scorching vinegar. Place in a ceramic bowl to chill. Set this apart till beef ribs and sauce are prepared. Get pleasure from.
My Digital camera: https://amzn.to/2TaftOg
My Dutch Oven: https://amzn.to/2UzrnBt
My Knife set: https://amzn.to/2Dr8bjh
Need a customized board like mine?
Contact Eric on his Etsy account: https://www.etsy.com/store/fitchettewoodworking
Want a product featured in my video?
The Keto Chef Amazon Retailer:
Music: Epidemic Sound